The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Brother's Keeper


Today Reiley starts Lil' Kickers soccer at the YMCA. (I don't have to work today, so I'll get to see this first "game" of the season. Yay!) We all went to the mall this morning to get him outfitted: cleats, shin guards, socks and shorts; because he's grown from a big 3-year-old (see last year's photo) into a bigger 4-year-old, and nothing from last year fits him anymore.

While Karina's wallet was still smoking, I talked to Reiley about what position he might play, and asked if he might want to be the goal-keeper.

"Maybe. I don't know, yet."

When it was Luke's turn to sit on my lap, he said, "I'm going to be the ZOO-keeper."
I think he heard someone say that Reiley's team this year might be the "Pandas".Zoo-keeper Luke, with Madison and Kate

4 Comments:

  • At 5/13/2008 6:17 PM, Blogger MaryM said…

    Lukey has his Gramma's wit! ...and all with a straight face!
    BTW what positions will Kate and Maddy play?

     
  • At 5/14/2008 3:31 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    Great pics of those darling grandkids!
    Go Reily!

     
  • At 5/14/2008 7:36 PM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    So the babies are the Snack Attackers??

    GO Reiley!!

     
  • At 5/20/2008 7:17 AM, Blogger Corry said…

    I can't blame him for coming up with wanting to be a Zoo-keeper, with all those animals you are catching (and trying to catch) around your house!

    Besides, who wouldn't want to keep those two cute little critters sitting next to him?!!

    Have a very blessed day, dear sister. Ella is taking shape. :-)

    (((HUGS)))

    God's Grace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home