The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Instructional Materials?

I've been out of town for a few days, and this space is collecting dust. I, on the other hand, have been collecting other things; like memories and photos. (I'll be posting a few soon.)

Just wanted to make a quick entry here, for your academic enjoyment.

I bought a box of flash cards so the boys can start learning some new vocabulary when they come to visit Papi and Vovó.

The illustrations are delightful and quite charming. However, I'm throwing the box away, because I don't want them reading it, and learning poor syntax. (click on picture to enlarge)

7 Comments:

  • At 3/30/2006 4:22 PM, Blogger Paul Nichols said…

    I hate it when that happens. But when it happens to someone else--like professionally graficked packages--I like to point my finger. (Hey, how's that for a cool new word?) But I have to remember, that most things now come from non-English speaking countries and ... well, what do they know? I hope your kids learn some good stuff, though.

    (I was once paid an enormous amount of money to rewrite a thick manual that was originally written in Portugese, then translated into English by an Italian. That'll boggle your mind, f'sure.)

     
  • At 3/30/2006 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm just excited about an reward sticker

     
  • At 3/30/2006 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh my, you're going to torture your grandkids with "learning"? are you insane? your house should be all about jumping on beds, eating junkfood, etc.

     
  • At 3/30/2006 5:18 PM, Blogger Kc said…

    Theres' only an few thing's worse in my opnion! ;-)

    Great to see you back and those are some fortunate children.

     
  • At 3/30/2006 5:20 PM, Blogger Corry said…

    Everyone can makes mistakes, hehe.
    I think they will enjoy learning:-)

    Glad you are back!

    God's Grace.

     
  • At 3/30/2006 7:30 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    Learning can be fun... right???

    I'm sure they love being with their grandparents.

     
  • At 3/31/2006 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can't be too careful, but, if the box would have been useful, wouldn't it have been more practical to add an "n"? I'm glad you're able to see so much of Reiley and Luke for their sake as well as for yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home