The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hold Yer Horses


PR just finished doing our taxes (he uses TurboTax) and asked me to get out the checkbook as he printed up the forms.

"We're getting a refund on state, but looks like we owe on federal.... wait a minute--"

He re-read line 72: "This is the amount you overpaid.... What?! I'd better go over this again. I was SURE we didn't pay enough this year."





Folks, he wasn't kidding. He'll be getting out the fine tooth comb as soon as he gets home from work tonight.

Whataguy!

6 Comments:

  • At 3/02/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Kristi B. said…

    I used TurboTax as well! Can't wait for my refunds!

    I was looking through some of the pictures on previous posts... you have such a cute family!

    God Bless

     
  • At 3/02/2006 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, i was going to say, thats not possible to get a refund from state and owe fed's. so thats good. i'm so glad for you, now you can get out the checkbook for a different reason, for direct deposit of the loot!!!!

     
  • At 3/02/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    I'm going to start on our taxes today. Texas doesn't have a state income tax.
    I may need a loan, we probably won't get a refund.
    I did my dads at the end of January. He had fed, Iowa state, Nebraska state, and a trust return for Mom's trust.
    ..

     
  • At 3/02/2006 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i like jim's avatar, i'm laughing everytime i see it. jim, did you draw that yourself?

     
  • At 3/02/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger Kc said…

    I hope PR didn't find any mistakes. I saw the good news on Corry's site. I hope Mark's doing well. May God bless and keep him.

     
  • At 3/03/2006 9:24 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    I got a huge refund back this year....what a blessing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home