The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Cloudy Days

I don't really need to see the sun shine in order to survive, but a few minutes of glimmer might be nice. I'm trying to remember how many days it's been since ol' Sol graced us with his presence. I think there was a brief, slight crack in the sky on Christmas day, but I guess it wasn't long enough to make it that memorable.

On the other hand, the Lord is working on me in the area of contentment, so when you catch me complaining too loudly or often, please feel free to let me know.

"Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stall,
Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation."
Habakkuk 3:17, 18


And, I'll enjoy the sunshine when it returns.


7 Comments:

  • At 1/04/2006 7:03 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    I wish you lots of sunshine in 2006.
    I am a person who enjoys warm, sunny days. I don't like cold weather much, and gray days can be depressing.
    I don't mind some rain though.
    Go ahead and complain a bit, I know your heart is a grateful one.

     
  • At 1/04/2006 10:12 PM, Blogger Ralph said…

    I have to agree with Jamie. I need sunshine. Hope you have a lot of Sonshine in 2006.
    Ralph

     
  • At 1/05/2006 12:29 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Hi Seeker. Well, keep your cheer up. Your forecast is partly cloudy from Friday through Tuesday.

    You can come visit us for some better sunshine. We should be having it through Sunday. We didn't have much today, none was forecast. It did come out for a couple of hours around 3 to 5.

    I have a Montgomery Weather link on my blog.
    .

     
  • At 1/05/2006 7:43 AM, Blogger Seeker said…

    When I woke up this morning, I thought the sky looked brighter, then I realized I'd slept in....
    No sunshine yet, but lots of Sonshine!
    Thank you all for your encouragement.

     
  • At 1/05/2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Whistle Britches said…

    I agree with Jamie Dawn here.
    'Nuf said.

     
  • At 1/05/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Kc said…

    I'm so sorry I can't pipe any of our weather your way. We'd like just a bit of yours down here too. So our grass is green but your snow is gorgeous! ;-)

     
  • At 1/05/2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Pastor Christopher said…

    Ah, our attitude when there is nothing left...I wrote about this passage in my book...It has become one of my reminders in the dry season that the Son is always shining in my soul.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home