The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Getting a Grip





















My sister sent me pictures of her "last day of the year" project for 2005: cleaning out the narrow closet where she stashes wrapping paper, boxes, ribbons, and a variety of decorations.
I can't believe all that stuff was in there to begin with!
The end result: less stuff, more organization, and starting the new year with a "handle" on one small corner of your life.
There, now doesn't that feel good?

7 Comments:

  • At 1/01/2006 9:59 AM, Blogger Curious Servant said…

    That is a good start!

     
  • At 1/01/2006 3:04 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    Could you send your sister over to my house to clean my closets?

     
  • At 1/01/2006 8:49 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I cleaned out a couple of closets last week... Now I guess I'm ready for a new year. Maybe I will try again with that herb garden. How hard can it be???

     
  • At 1/01/2006 9:15 PM, Blogger Seeker said…

    How DO we accumulate all that stuff?!

    My other sister says the key to freedom from too much stuff is "moving frequently, and into a smaller place each time". I think she may be onto something....

     
  • At 1/01/2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    I am totally inspired. I must go clean something now.

    :o)

     
  • At 1/01/2006 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy new year, seeker. thank you so much for praying for my mom. God bless you always.

     
  • At 1/02/2006 2:11 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    What a BIG change. I can't stand too much clutter! It drives me nuts. My family is not organized at all, so I compromise, but I prefer a neat, tidy house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home