The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Friday, September 29, 2006

Purple People

I just got a phone call from Josiah. I think he wanted to review his colors. After asking him about the brown ginger cookies he and Daddy were making, and the "lellow" balloon he got at Trader Joe's today, he started telling me something about "people". I had a hard time figuring out what he was saying until I remembered that's his word for purple...
These lacing cards are a great way for the boys to learn their colors and work on fine motor skills. Luke thinks they look good enough to eat.
Josiah, with the "people" card.

Reiley, concentrating.

6 Comments:

  • At 9/29/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    I'll have to tell my daughter-in-law about this. My middle grandson is 3. This might be a fun way to learn his colors.

     
  • At 9/29/2006 11:22 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    You could teach them to crochet an then they could be useful while learning their colors.
    ..

     
  • At 10/01/2006 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's been a long time since I visited - looks like the family is coming along happily. Happy Birthday to Luke, and congratulations to him on getting his "land legs."

     
  • At 10/02/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Corry said…

    I guess the next color to learn is pink??? :-)

    God's Grace.

     
  • At 10/03/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    Dear Josiah,

    Aunt Jo's favorite color is "people" too!!

     
  • At 10/08/2006 3:14 AM, Blogger audrey` said…

    HaHa!
    Corry is so cute =)
    Pink!!! It's a very beautiful colour.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home