The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Bottom Line

Things I learned this week:
A liquid diet, even for one day, is not very satisfying.
Phosphosoda works quite well.
If you sleep soundly, don't go to bed until you're sure the Phosphosoda has run its course.
Laundry stains should be treated promptly.
Nothing by mouth after midnight is difficult after you've ingested a saline laxative.
Don't even bother tying the back of your gown before your colonoscopy.
Whoever invented "twilight" anesthesia is a genius.

8 Comments:

  • At 9/09/2006 8:36 PM, Blogger jel said…

    my mom had to go thought that 4 times last year !

    I came over to see how you are ,
    but I see , sorry

    take care!

     
  • At 9/09/2006 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great title!!

     
  • At 9/09/2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    I know that isn't pleasant, the preps are a lot worse than the scoping.
    When was your BIG DAY? They don't do those on weekends do they? Does that mean it's all over?
    ..

     
  • At 9/10/2006 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    um....gross?

     
  • At 9/10/2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Whistle Britches said…

    Well, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I've had three or four of those in my life and really have very little memory of what actually transpired..
    The nurses laughed and told AJ that I told them that I loved the Dr. who was doing the procedure..
    He is a very nice man...

     
  • At 9/11/2006 7:01 AM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    Heehee!! Uncle Joe is not kidding! He said "I just loooooove Dr. Slkjdie....he is soooooo nice!" as he was all loopy from the anesthetic. I was with him for a couple of them and he was too funny coming out of the twilight.

    Hope everything came out ok. *snicker* You know what I mean!!!!

    I hope you use Tide. Tide gets everything out.

    In the end, everything is ok. *snicker*

    Seriously....

     
  • At 9/12/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Oh, what fun!! Been there, done that!!

     
  • At 9/20/2006 5:25 AM, Blogger Theresa said…

    That is sooooooo funny. I've been there and it really isn't as bad and embarrassing as I thought it would be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home