The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Mother's Day Tribute


I recently discovered that one of my sisters is taking courses toward (yet another) graduate degree, and the other sister is leaving next Wednesday for Austria and a two-week road trip with her high school AFS "sister". Where have I been? I really must start communicating with them more often.
They both put in many long hours in their careers. At times I feel like a real slacker next to them.

They work full-time, I work part-time.
They have multiple degrees, I have one.
They each have 4 children, I have 3.

Which brings me to the point: Happy Mother's Day, to my big sisters! On my list of excellent mothers, you are at the top; just a little lower than our own dear mom.
Happy Mother's Day, MommaMimi!
And, Happy Mother's Day to all you hardworking, exceptional moms out there. Bless you.


11 Comments:

  • At 5/13/2006 3:09 PM, Blogger Corry said…

    And a very Happy Mother's Day to you!!!!

    God's Grace.

     
  • At 5/13/2006 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope your day is a blessed one. And I hope all of our children and grandchildren will always know how much love we have for them. And, BTW, remember to compare yourself only with yourself. This little Josiah is a doll!

     
  • At 5/13/2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Susie Hovendick Chan said…

    And happy mother's day to you.

    If it makes you feel better, I feel like a slacker next to YOU.

     
  • At 5/14/2006 6:13 AM, Blogger John Cowart said…

    Yes, but do your sisters blog?

     
  • At 5/14/2006 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya,but..... They don't have any grandchildren, and you have three!! Also you write poetry and blogs which delight and uplift me. I'm very proud of all of you.
    HAPPY MOTHERS' dAY!!

     
  • At 5/14/2006 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya, but.... my mom can beat up your mom!!!

     
  • At 5/14/2006 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Noboby's mom better beat up anybody's mom! (especially mine!) or... or... or else! Seriously, your sisters are probably just trying to make up for not making their mom the Great.Grand.Mimi.Mom.

    Love your blogging... that way I don't have to. Love always, MM

     
  • At 5/14/2006 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think your sisters sound great, but i agree with john cowart, they don't blog like you. so, anyway, what i'm trying to say is that you should never compare your accomplishments to other people. cause you're probably right where God wants you. so, be nice and stop whining or he might get mad, and give you warts or something!

    happy mothers day, grandmothers day, bloggers day, poets day, and whatever else kind of day you want!

     
  • At 5/14/2006 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you do know i was kidding about you whining? i just hoped you did know that, and didn't think i was being a jerk.

    why aren't you joining the book blog?

     
  • At 5/14/2006 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! =)

     
  • At 5/15/2006 12:15 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    I liked all the pics, but I LOVED the bath pic and the one where you girls are praying.

    I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful!!!!

    You and your sisters are lovely ladies! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home