The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Weekend Visitor

Flat Stanley arrived from New York state yesterday to spend the weekend with us.He was just a bit hungry after his trip, and wanted a snack. I had healthy options, but he chose a fudgsicle.

This morning we went out for breakfast.
He thought the coffee was ok; not as good as Starbucks, but a whole lot easier on a traveler's wallet.We had some errands to run. It was nice of him to pay for the gas.At church, he helped PR make the bulletin for tomorrow's service.
We stopped off at the bank. Thankfully, the line was short.
Back home, Flat Stanley helped wash my old car.
(I had almost forgotten it's a white car.)He's a good gardener, too, and told me it wasn't too early to plant tomatoes.
(I hope he's right.)

I invited him to go to work with me this afternoon, to visit some of the residents at the nursing home, but he said he's pretty tired from such a busy morning and would like to take a nap. Maybe he'll join me tomorrow.
At any rate, he'll be on his way to Oklahoma on Monday. This will be a quick visit, but Flat Stanley's a helpful guy to have around, even for a weekend.

8 Comments:

  • At 5/12/2007 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Abbey enjoyed your Flat Stanley entry. And, of course, your "Waiting for Mommy" story. Cute pictures! K :-)

     
  • At 5/12/2007 8:13 PM, Blogger Miki said…

    Hi,
    where in NY did FLAT STANLEY come from??? My son did a project with Flat Stanley when he was in First or second grade, and my younger son, we think did it isn Kindergarden. The first son sent it to VA to spend time with Great grandma, and the second son sent it to OH to spend time with an uncle of my husband. He took (the uncle) tons of pics like yours with FLat Stanley, it was hysterical and fun! Hope you have a great MOTHER's Day!

     
  • At 5/12/2007 9:06 PM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    wow you had a busy day! I hope Flat Stanley is not too worn out to play with us.

     
  • At 5/13/2007 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like a good time was had by all.

    Happy Mother's Day!

     
  • At 5/13/2007 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well at least you were able to keep him out of trouble for the most part! He's quite the character..I hear his brother will be makin the rounds soon!

     
  • At 5/14/2007 6:55 AM, Blogger Paul Nichols said…

    Neat job.

    And did you say Nursing Home? My First Wife spent several years working in an Assisted Living Center. I compile monthly newsletters and calendars for the same place.

    I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day.

     
  • At 5/14/2007 6:40 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I'm glad flat had a safe trip. It looks like you're having a good time. He does have an appetite. Buy extra food.

     
  • At 5/15/2007 8:48 AM, Blogger andrĂ© said…

    wow, it's been a long time since I last read your blog...
    By the way, I've finally updated mine, after a loooooong while.

    And this "Flat stanley" idea is so cool and funny!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home