The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Monday, August 14, 2006

Tagged


I should have done this a few weeks ago when I was first tagged by someone. Well, Jim tagged me again, so I thought I should oblige. Here's my rendition:




I'm thinking about:
The LORD knows the thoughts of man,
That they are a mere breath.

I said: What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase?

I want to: O fear the LORD, you His saints;
For to those who fear Him there is no want.

I wish: Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

I hear: Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

I wonder: No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

I regret: For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

I am: Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother?" And he said, "I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?"

I dance: A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.

I sing: Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

I cry: The righteous cry, and the LORD hears
And delivers them out of all their troubles.

I'm not always: So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

I make with my hands: and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you,

I write: Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things again is no trouble to me, and it is a safeguard for you.

I confuse: Turn your eyes away from me,
For they have confused me;
Your hair is like a flock of goats
That have descended from Gilead.

I need: But I am afflicted and needy;
Hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
O LORD, do not delay.

I am thankful for: Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

That reminds me of the old joke: I am a joke to my friends,The one who called on God and He answered him;The just and blameless man is a joke.


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home