The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Monday, December 19, 2005

Home for Christmas


Mark is on a bus today, heading home from Ft. Lost-in-the-Woods, ahem, Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. Judging by his letters and phone calls (yes, he finally got through by phone), I'm expecting to see a "new man" around here for the next two weeks (when he's not catching up on his sleep, that is).

I've heard people talk about how the Army experience changed their lives; how they learned lessons they will never forget; how it built character within and unity with others; how it made them appreciate things they took for granted before...

It may sound funny, but I think the Army has done a few things for his Mom and Dad, too.

I'll keep you posted.

9 Comments:

  • At 12/19/2005 9:01 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Thanks for the visit to my blog.
    I like what I see on yours and will read more as the days go by.
    Do you write all those poems?
    My Dad is working on 100, he will be 95 on January 28th.
    The Army straightened me up a whole lot. I went in young at age 21 and came out five years later matured as I was ever going to get.

     
  • At 12/19/2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    I know you are very proud of him. Do you have a prayer list for bloggers? Surely he would be on it big time.

     
  • At 12/19/2005 10:53 AM, Blogger Whistle Britches said…

    We are having too much fun today! My many colored coat is at the cleaners.

     
  • At 12/19/2005 4:37 PM, Blogger Curious Servant said…

    What a great Christmas present!

     
  • At 12/19/2005 7:05 PM, Blogger Kc said…

    Yes, what a blessing. I will ask a prayer for him on the needed prayers site. May God bless you all.

     
  • At 12/19/2005 7:16 PM, Blogger Corry said…

    I am happy for y'all. May God bless the time you spend together and watch over him.

    God's Grace.

     
  • At 12/19/2005 8:51 PM, Blogger Seeker said…

    Thank you all for your prayers. God has certainly been merciful to us.

     
  • At 12/19/2005 11:53 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    You have a WONDERFUL Christmas with your Man. I'm sure he's no longer a boy--although in a way, he'll probably always be your little boy! And I will put him on my prayer list for continued safety.

     
  • At 12/20/2005 8:34 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    Hooray for Mark!! Enjoy your Christmas together!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home