The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Child's Toy

I only wanted the furry brown toy to be a real puppy. I would pray at bedtime, truly expecting God to perform the miracle in the dark of night. I wanted to awake in the morning, greeted by my very own pup. Of course, he would have to have the same shiny eyelids, satin-lined ears, stubby tail, and harmless, pink tongue.
I knew it could happen. God was real, and He could make my toy into a real, live dog. When He didn't, I was disappointed. But it didn't shake my young faith. I decided He knew what was best for me.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/16/2005 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm touched! Did you finally settle for Pepper?

     
  • At 8/16/2005 10:36 AM, Blogger Seeker said…

    Yes, and that's when I found out how much work a real dog takes! :-)

     
  • At 8/16/2005 7:54 PM, Blogger andrĂ© said…

    I guess some of our wishes, even as adults, are like wanting a toy to become a live being... but God knows best

     

Post a Comment

<< Home