The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Who Said That?!

I came home from work and noticed the smoke detector on the kitchen counter, with the battery taken out of it. Jason had brought the kids over for the evening while Karina went to a meeting, and apparently their pizza in the oven set off the smoke detector. And everyone knows, the quickest way to make it stop is to remove the battery. Reiley told me, "It wasn't functioning. It was alarming!" Pretty soon he'll even know how to spell those words...

5 Comments:

  • At 3/01/2007 1:04 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    I didn't do it!
    ..

     
  • At 3/01/2007 6:56 AM, Blogger John Cowart said…

    It's good to know that the alarm does work. Those things do save lives.

     
  • At 3/01/2007 5:49 PM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    When the fire alarm goes off at my house it only means dinner is ready.

     
  • At 3/01/2007 7:55 PM, Blogger LZ Blogger said…

    More people have been hurt by non-functioning smoke alarms (and burning pizzas) than with NOISY smoke detectors. ~ yea... like I've NEVER done that before! ...right! That's about the only thing that woke me up when I was single! (My TV Dinner burning!) ~ jb///

     
  • At 3/04/2007 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How soon will Reiley be ready for a Scrabble dictionary?
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home