The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Choo-choo


What's the deal with little boys and choo-choo trains?



Daniel, a few years ago.



Daniel and Josiah, a few weeks ago.


Karina called me the other day:
"Mom, how old was Daniel when you made him that train cake?"

"It was for his third birthday."

"Well, I just asked Reiley what cake he wants for his (3rd) birthday next month, and he said, 'A TRAIN!'."

Some things will never change.

So, I had to go hunting for the old photograph....
(Here's your pattern, Karina.)


Daniel and his train cake, 06-04-80.

4 Comments:

  • At 1/31/2007 3:15 PM, Blogger Corry said…

    That looked way too good to eat and so creative!

    Cute to see and hear how those genetics carry on.

    God's Grace.

     
  • At 2/02/2007 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

    Cute kids - both of them.

     
  • At 2/02/2007 7:47 PM, Blogger MaryM said…

    What a GREAT memory! ...and what a cute little kid that Daniel was. (yes, he still is a cute "kid" and he still likes to play with trains.) (-;

     
  • At 2/08/2007 8:37 PM, Blogger Paul Nichols said…

    I never got a train when I was growing up and I always felt deprived. My brother and my sister pooled their pennies last Christmas and gave me my first electric train.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home