The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Monday, January 15, 2007

Ice Age

OK, so it doesn't look like much here, but underneath the thin dusting of snow is a coating of slick ice. The picture you're not getting is me driving home last night, over 20 miles of country roads, in freezing sleet. I think my top speed was 38mph, but mostly I kept it under 35. I was determined to get home after work. The question is, would I have been as eager if I were heading to work?

3 Comments:

  • At 1/15/2007 2:02 PM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    We are glad to share our ice with you all up north. We have an over abundance of ice down here right now.

     
  • At 1/15/2007 3:13 PM, Blogger Paul Nichols said…

    Hmmm...for a minute there I thought I was looking at all our neighbor's yards. Our Big City took a pretty good hit with sleet, ice and snow.

     
  • At 1/15/2007 10:15 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    Well, you didn't go to work today, did you?
    Why don't you run out in the morning and take a picture of those bikes at the fence before the ice melts.
    If we get any ice or snow here I'll take a picture for bloggers to see. There is some coming in now about thirty miles north of here.
    ..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home