The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Closed Doors & Open Windows

It may seem to be a trite saying, but I do believe that when you run into a closed door you'll find a window open somewhere.
No, I didn't get the clinic job, but I will be starting two part time jobs which will give me plenty of hours and the flexibility I've been looking for.
Waiting for an answer to prayer can sometimes seem interminable, and a bit nerve-jangling. When the answer isn't what you expected, you can be disappointed.... or paradoxically, relieved. That's what I felt when the clinic job didn't materialize. I had the answer to my prayer: God had something else for me.
Feel that fresh breeze? The window's open!

6 Comments:

  • At 11/30/2006 6:18 PM, Blogger Ralph said…

    Stories like that amaze me everytime I hear them! We don't get what we thought we wanted and end up getting what we need.
    Ralph

     
  • At 12/01/2006 2:54 AM, Blogger John Cowart said…

    Glad it's working out ok for you.

     
  • At 12/01/2006 8:20 AM, Blogger MaryM said…

    I am happy for you. But don't open that window too wide! (The snow might come blowing in.)

     
  • At 12/01/2006 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, this should be fun and interesting, can't wait to hear about your jobs

     
  • At 12/03/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    I just love God. He is so cool. I am glad he doesn't need my help, cause I tend to mess things up. Good luck on those jobs!

     
  • At 12/14/2006 5:13 PM, Blogger andrĂ© said…

    I'm all too familiar with closed doors,lately.A lot more than I'd like. But no open windows so far.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home