The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Birthday Fun

Yesterday was one of my best birthdays ever.

First thing in the morning I was greeted by a lovely tribute from my sister, MaryM.

I was treated to breakfast at the Parkway by Reiley and Luke (and their parents), and to dinner at Macaroni Grill by Josiah (and his parents).

And sandwiched in between, I had a leisurely two-hour drive back to Chicago (and a nice 25-mile cell phone visit with my mom) so I could join PR in the continued quest of sorting, packing, and purging our belongings in preparation for the big move. We are discovering how much "stuff" you can accumulate when you live in the same house for over 13 years. (It's the longest we've lived anywhere since our childhood homes.) I think it will feel good to lighten the load.

I arrived to a stack of mail (only two bills, but several birthday cards), and piles of boxes and bins. PR evidently had a busy week ! I rolled up my sleeves and dived in.

In the midst of everything, there was a welcome phone call from PFC Mark, now in desert training in California. I was pleased to know he remembered his mom's birthday.

So, today is the first day of my 54th year, and I'm going to make the most of it. So much to do, so little time...

10 Comments:

  • At 11/11/2006 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, Seeker! May you have many more, and may they all be blessed with happiness and good health.

     
  • At 11/11/2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Kc said…

    I hope and pray the next 54 will be every bit as wonderful! ;-)

    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 11/11/2006 5:59 PM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    Happy Boobah!

    Busy day full of love! Glad you had fun fun fun!

     
  • At 11/11/2006 9:08 PM, Blogger Whistle Britches said…

    we were out of pocket all day and didn't get to call you yet...
    hopefully we can call you Sunday sometime...

     
  • At 11/12/2006 6:19 PM, Blogger Paul Nichols said…

    Happy Birthday.

    Again, thank you for such a delightful, upbeat, happy blog.

    God bless.

     
  • At 11/12/2006 10:56 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
    ..
    Oh yes, you can blog about some of those old things you did or didn't throw away.
    ..

     
  • At 11/13/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger jel said…

    here's ahappy late birthday wish from me !

    God's blessing on you, and may you have many more!

     
  • At 11/13/2006 6:21 PM, Blogger LZ Blogger said…

    I love Macoroni Grill... wish I could have gone! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ~ jb///

     
  • At 11/14/2006 10:07 AM, Blogger Ralph said…

    Happy belated birtday. Sounds like you had a great day.
    Ralph

     
  • At 11/14/2006 2:04 PM, Blogger keesh said…

    Happy birthday from one fellow scorpio to another :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home