The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Road Trip

We went to visit my mom in Minnesota.
Here's my momma-Mimi playing in the dirt, er, gardening. She loves it. After all, what's a little stiffness in the back, compared to all this fun?!
(click on photos to enlarge)

When she wasn't planting (or cooking for us), she was digging up perennials to send home for my garden.
Good ol' coffee! Yes, I'm drinking coffee, again.

If you're ever in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, I recommend that you stop for lunch (or supper) at Clay City Sandwiches. My niece, Hannah, and her husband just opened for business a few months ago. They have a varied menu of sandwiches, soups, etc.
Delicious!
Here I am with my nieces, Elizabeth and Hannah. Liz is helping out with this venture.

Elizabeth and Hannah, working hard.

We spent a couple of days visiting Reiley and Luke (and their parents, who don't get photographed nearly as much).

Reiley, walking in Vovó’s shoes.


I had to include these pictures of Luke sporting his new Adventure hat.

7 Comments:

  • At 6/01/2006 10:29 PM, Blogger LZ Blogger said…

    Looks like a fun visit! What a cutie Luke is! ~ jb///

     
  • At 6/02/2006 7:45 AM, Blogger John Cowart said…

    What a nice photo essay.

     
  • At 6/02/2006 8:30 AM, Blogger Kc said…

    Looks like I got back just in time. So the green thumb is inherited, eh?

    The smiles from those little ones never fail to lift my spirits. ;-)

     
  • At 6/02/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Corry said…

    Thanks so much for sharing! Those little rascals just make my day.
    I am glad you are back safe and sound and God blessed y'all with a good visit.

    I sympathize on the coffee-thing. I quit for almost 15 years on recommendations from a homeopathic doctor. Went cold turkey and slept almost 2 days because I missed my "energy-drink", haha. Now I am back on it and even though I never missed drinking it.... it sure is good ol' coffee, hehe.

    God's Grace.

     
  • At 6/02/2006 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like that was a fun visit. I just love coffee and little boys, not always in that order.

     
  • At 6/03/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    I LOVE these pics. And gardening will keep your mom young--what a great spot she's got there!

     
  • At 6/03/2006 9:39 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    Great pics!

    Your mom is a cutie and quite a gardner!

    Coffee??!! Yucky. I don't like the stuff, but you can drink all you want. Nice photo of you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home