The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Monday, June 13, 2005

cookie dough

I used to wonder why I got so many more cookies from a batch of cookie dough than my daughter. At first I thought it was because I used a teaspoon and she used a tablespoon to measure the "plops" of dough. That would account for some difference, but not the missing mass of finished product I'm talking about.

Then I discovered the reason: she loves to eat cookie dough. And you can put her husband into that same boat. So, when the two of them are "baking" cookies, you might see a couple of sheets actually get baked.

Now, give me a frosting bowl that hasn't been completely scraped yet, or the fudge pan before you fill it with sudsy water. But cookie dough? No thanks.

It may sound like I'm being critical, but actually I'm not. When it comes to cookies, I've learned that there are basically two categories of people; those who like to eat raw cookie dough, and those who prefer the baked variety. You know which one you're in.

When it comes to the cookie dough choice, there is no "right" or "wrong". It's a harmless choice. In lots and lots of other life choices, it pays to be discerning and use some critical thinking.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/19/2005 12:20 PM, Blogger andrĂ© said…

    haha, funny thing.
    these little facts make life so much better. I mean these idiosyncrasies.
    and the "serious part" is so very true. We come across so many choices that can lift us up or break us down...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home