The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Full Time RN



After almost a year of part time jobs, I've finally been able to consolidate all my energies with one employer. This is a huge change for me; the last time I worked in a hospital was in 1976. Do you suppose a few things have changed in the past 31 years? Well... yes.
Fortunately, the fundamentals of nursing don't change. I merely have to catch up on a few technological advances. Also fortunately, I am receiving great orientation with extremely helpful preceptors. I am very encouraged about this new experience.
As I look back on the past year and consider all the changes that have come into my life, I am so grateful to God and stand in awe of His faithfulness, love, and perfect timing.

8 Comments:

  • At 12/01/2007 8:30 AM, Blogger Corry said…

    Congratulations!!!
    I can imagine that is a big load of your shoulders.

    God is good. :-)

    God's Grace.

     
  • At 12/02/2007 7:46 AM, Blogger Paul Nichols said…

    Good news, indeed. CGH is gonna get blessed.

     
  • At 12/02/2007 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your bell bottoms haven't changed since 1976.

     
  • At 12/03/2007 6:56 AM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    Seems nurses these days have to be computer geniuses too! There is just as much computer work as hands on now.

    God is good and I love seeing Him work in your life!

     
  • At 12/03/2007 9:09 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Congratulations! That is a nice committment you have now.
    I looked at their site, will you be working at the hospital in the picture? They seem to have several locations and clinics.
    Anyway, GOOD DEAL! I am glad you are thanking God for this blessing! I am too.
    ..

     
  • At 12/04/2007 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wish you had been one of my nurses after my open heart surgery. Those fluffy little girls were the least compassionate of anyone I've ever met. I had heart surgery--not brain surgery; but they seemed to think it made me too stupid for words.

     
  • At 12/04/2007 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I must add that God brought me safely through, and the pain diminishes by the day.

     
  • At 12/04/2007 8:23 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    Anyone under your care will be blessed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home