The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Sky is Falling

I was pretty quiet on our early morning walk today. PR asked, "What's the matter?" My answer: "The world is in such a mess."

After walking a few more minutes in silence, I looked down and noticed that a bird had made a "deposit" on the front of my shirt. "Oh, boy", I thought. "That really helps my mood." PR mused, "I wonder if birds can see you coming, and do that on purpose..." As I started to imagine birds conducting contests in the treetops, PR interrupted my thoughts:
"Did you see me scramble out of bed this morning?"
"Well, I did see you sit up, wide-eyed, with one hand pointing upward."
"I was dreaming about eternity again. And feeling scared..."
"Scared?"
"Yeah, there's so much to be done, and not much time left."

Kinda puts a little birdie-doo into perspective.

7 Comments:

  • At 7/18/2006 3:24 PM, Blogger Paul Nichols said…

    I do a lot of walking. When you say "early morning," what do you mean?

     
  • At 7/19/2006 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, thats weird, him waking up pointing and stuff.

    i feel like i'm a target, things happen to me everyday. bird doodie would be nothing to me. i'm trying to dry out my laptop after spilling water on it last night, and now the mousepad is not working. i simply can't have broken another computer, i will be MAD

     
  • At 7/19/2006 6:15 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    I hope that dream didn't scare PR too badly. I know it caught his attention.
    We just finished studying Job. His friend Elihu told Job "For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it...In a dream, in a vision of the night,..."
    And yes, those birds practice, just like little boys practice their spitting.
    ..

     
  • At 7/19/2006 8:16 AM, Blogger audrey` said…

    Jesus is returning soon...

     
  • At 7/20/2006 1:21 AM, Blogger Whistle Britches said…

    Well that's just neat.
    Not the bird doody part.
    But maybe that was just part of the lesson to learn....

    PR sounds amazing..

    Oklahoma, where the wind comes crashing down the plain, and the birdies stay so far away cause they know we all carry GUNS!!!!

     
  • At 7/20/2006 7:02 AM, Blogger Kc said…

    Great post sis and an excellent admonition.

     
  • At 7/22/2006 7:34 AM, Blogger Suzy-Q said…

    I have had dreams like that.....here lately there has been a lot do do in our little life and I can't sleep for thinking of it...now if I can just get the body to ENGAGE and get a plan of action!! :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home