The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Through the shredder

In my "spare time" at work, I've been shredding old medical records; records that have been in storage since Doc bought the business from his predecessor fifteen years ago. When I say "old" medical records, I mean old. Some of them date from the early 1950's. That's a lot of history. Boxes and boxes.
Births.
Deaths.
Heart attacks, cancers, surgeries, accidents, broken bones.
X-rays, blood tests, urinalyses.
Common colds.

Extremely important information (in its time and place), some even lifechanging; gone forever. Shredded.

"You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." James 4:14
"...whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." I Corinthians 10:31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home