The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Woodchuck Chuck

Now I'm beginning to believe we do live in the country. Take a look at my tiny "garden", consisting of a tomato plant a several bean plants.
When I first noticed a few leaves were missing, I blamed it on a severe thunderstorm. Then PR came face to face with Punsutawney Phil, who apparently has taken up residence under our deck, and has dined on every single bean leaf.
We're going to borrow a critter trap. I asked the guy what to bait it with and he said, "Apparently green bean leaves."

3 Comments:

  • At 6/14/2007 9:57 AM, Blogger Ralph said…

    It sounds like green bean leaves would work. Good luck trapping him
    Ralph

     
  • At 6/14/2007 1:56 PM, Blogger Corry said…

    Perhaps Mr Woodchuck believes he still does live in the country!
    I bet he is grateful to you for feeding him, grin.

    God's Grace.

     
  • At 6/14/2007 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your poor beans!! Do you think there's enough life left in 'em to grow some new leaves? It worked with one of my green peppers that got broken, but it's not out of the woods yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home