The First Hundred

...in the light of eternity. "Life's a tough proposition, and the first hundred years are the hardest." Wilson Mizner

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Forever is a long time.

My dad always said, "The first hundred years are the hardest." I'm sure it was a "famous quote" from somebody, but I've been unable to determine its origin. Anyway.... I'm inclined to believe it's true; although, in the light of eternity, what's a hundred years?
That reminds me of another thing my dad used to say.... "Forever is a long time to be dead."
Putting those two quotes together can make a person really start to think.....
Well, I plan on living forever, based on many promises God makes in His word. Here's a main one, found in John 11:25: "Jesus said... 'I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies'". The Bible has lots of promises, and while it doesn't exactly say, "the first hundred years are the hardest", it does talk about difficulties and trials in this life. You could even say it promises them. But the neat thing is that it shows us the reasons for them, and how to live through them. I'm just a seeker. But I'm a seeker who's found some good promises from God. I'll share my findings with you, from time to time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home